How Does Your Gift Help?
General Operating Expenses
Our operating budget relies upon both revenue from tuition and contributed income from our families, friends and members of the community. All of this support comes together each year to fund all aspects of our outstanding educational programs, new initiatives, amazing faculty and the maintenance and evolution of our lovely 9 acre campus.
Unrestricted Annual Fund Support of our Education Programs
The Annual Fund underwrites all aspects of our program and service including teacher salaries, the maintenance of our campus, the costs associated with our Garden Classroom, utility bills, the purchase and replacement of Montessori materials our students use daily, computers and software for our classrooms and much more.
- $75 – underwrites the full cost of teaching one child for one day
- $100 – fully funds our Garden Classroom for one day
- $150 – covers the difference between Tuition and Fees and the Full Cost of each child’s education for two weeks
- $400 – underwrites the full cost of teaching one child for one full week
- $1,000 – covers the School’s utility expenses for one full week
- $1,500 – underwrites the complete cost of one of our classrooms for one day (including teacher and assistant salary, utilities, materials, etc.)
- $2,300 – covers the difference between Tuition and Fees and the Full Cost of each child’s education for one full year
- $3,000 – covers the full cost of two classrooms for two full days
Our Tuition Assistance Program and other restricted financial aid programs enable families who otherwise would not have the opportunity to provide their children with the benefits and enjoyment of a Montessori education to become or remain a part of our ‘ohana. It also allows our students to develop diverse life-long friendships and helps assure that the socio-economic diversity of our student body mirrors the greater world in which our children live. This past year, gifts to financial aid made it possible to provide tuition assistance to over 30 percent of our students.
Planned gifts recognize your belief in the future of our school and your desire for its impact to be furthered for generations to come. By including the Montessori School of Maui in your estate planning through a bequest, life insurance policy, fund, trust or other planned gift, members of our community have the opportunity to make the gift of a lifetime.
Support for Designated Programs
Contributions to this exciting initiative allow members of our community to participate in the continued growth and evolution of our lovely campus, ensuring that each learning environment meets the needs of the student population it is designed to serve. For more information, visit our Campaign page.