Annual Fund Questions and Answers
What is the Montessori School of Maui Annual Fund?
Each year the Montessori School of Maui asks parents and friends of the school to make a tax-deductible contribution to the Annual Fund. All Annual Fund gifts go directly into the operating budget and are used to support every aspect of life at the school, including faculty salaries, maintenance of our lovely campus, utilities and library materials.
Why does the School need an Annual Fund?
Thanks to sound business practices, tuition and fees cover 80% of the costs associated with each child’s education. The school relies upon a strong Annual Fund to cover this gap.
How can my gift make much of a difference?
Your gift, when added to those of other Montessori School of Maui parents and friends, has a large impact on our school. Your participation helps the school qualify for foundation grants and sends a message to the community that the Montessori School of Maui does make a difference.
Why not just raise Tuition?
The Montessori School of Maui is committed to an economically-diverse student body. Raising tuition to cover all our costs may make a Montessori education prohibitive for many current families, including those with more than one child at the school.
Should I give if I receive Financial Aid?
Yes! Even though many families make financial sacrifices to pay their tuition, it is still important for each member of our community to participate at some level in the Annual Fund. Gifts of all sizes truly make a difference!
How May I Make a Gift?
· Cash / Check - A cash gift entitles the donor to an income tax charitable deduction in the year in which the gift is received. Please make checks payable to the Montessori School of Maui.
· Credit Card - A credit card
gift is recognized at full cash value on the date processed. The School accepts
Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
Optional automatic monthly deductions from your credit card are also
available. Click Here to give online right now.
· Stock - In most cases, an outright gift of appreciated securities entitles the donor to an income tax charitable deduction for the fair market value of the securities.
· Gifts-In-Kind - Gifts-In-Kind are non-monetary contributions given for use at the School. The School assigns no dollar value to these gifts but does furnish a gift receipt. It is the responsibility of the donor and their tax advisor to assign a value to this gift for tax purposes.
· Matching Gifts - Double or even triple your contribution! Many employers match their employee’s contributions to independent schools.
· Planned Gifts - Planned gifts are made through bequests, trusts, insurance and annuity programs designated to build the School’s endowment and provide a tax deduction to the donor.
If you have questions or wish to make a contribution to the School, please contact:
Director of Development
808-573-1062 or email@example.com