SUGGESTED READING FOR PARENTS
(Many of these books are available in our school library)
Some books By Dr. Maria Montessori:
- The Secret of Childhood
- The Formation of Man
- To Educate the Human Potential
- The Child in the Family
- Education and Peace
Writings about Maria Montessori and this Method of Education
- Montessori Play and Learn (ages 3-6)
- Montessori Today by P. Lillard
- Parent's Guide to the Montessori Classroom (primary)
- Introduction to the Primary Classroom
- Introduction to the Elementary Classroom
- Understanding the Human Being (0-3) by Dr. S. Montanaro
- Montessori Madness by Trevor Eissler
- Understanding Montessori by Maren Schmidt M. Ed. with Dana Schmidt
- The Hurried Child by David Elkind
- Raising Your Spirited Child by Mary Kurcinka
- Punished By Rewards by Alfie Kohn
- Between Parent and Child by Haim Ginott
- At Home With Montessori by Patricia Oriti
- The World of the Child by Aline Wolf
- Our Last Best Shot by Laura Sessions Stepp
- Raising Cain, Protecting the Emotional Life of Boys by Dan Kindlon, Ph.D. and Michael Thompson, Ph.D.
- Reviving Ophelia- Saving the Lives of Adolescent Girls by Mary Pipher, Ph.D.
- The One Minute Mother by Spencer Johnson, M.D.
- The One Minuter Father by Spencer Johnson, M.D.
- Earth in Mind by David Orr
- The Great Work by Thomas Berry
- The Universe is a Green Dragon by Brian Swimme
- Ecophobia by David Sobel
- Sharing Nature With Children by James Cornell
- Your Child's Growing Mind by Jane Healy, Ph.D.
- In Their Own Way by Thomas Armstrong
- The Hand by O. Wilson