PARENT COMMITMENT POLICY
The Montessori School of Maui staff is dedicated to establishing a relationship with every family based on trust and respect; guided by the principles of the Montessori approach to education. As a school we are committed to providing an educational environment for all of our students that provides the opportunity to develop academic excellence, a compassionate perspective, social responsibility, environmental awareness, and a love of learning.
One important component in determining a student's success is the involvement of the family in their child's education. At the Montessori School of Maui we understand that every parent's involvement in their child's school life is essential. Our purpose is to provide a well-rounded learning environment for your child. your love, support and participation provide the foundation for their success.
Parents are expected to contribute to their child's education in the following ways:
On behalf of their children, parents are expected to:
- Participate in celebrations, events and programs so that their child will have memories of good times as well as memories of a family who cared enough to be involved.
- Attend Parent Education Programs and make parenting responsibilities a priority.
- Observe their child’s classroom yearly, attend 2 Student Led Conferences, 1 Parent Teacher Meeting every year, and attending the Journey of Discovery.
- Stay informed by reading all student memos, handbooks, newsletters and school correspondence.
- Follow all of the precepts and guidelines of the Parent Handbook so that their child may take full advantage of the educational opportunities offered by the school.
To support the Montessori School of Maui, families are expected to:
- Contribute to the Annual Fund according to their ability, understanding that 100% participation in this effort is requested of all parents.
- Participate in the school’s fundraising efforts.
- Complete your Parent Participation requirement of 15 (fifteen) hours per family per school year.
- Resolve all conflicts respectfully and in accordance with the Parent Handbook.
- Failure to comply with the Parent Commitment Policy and any of the School’s Policies and Procedures, as stated in the Parent Handbook, may be deemed cause for the withdrawal of your child from the school.